With the sun starting to peep through the clouds, it’s that time of year again. Lets get Waxing!
The most common question I get asked during a waxing session is how long will it last? I always say it depends, to which,most people look a little deflated, however it is the most honest answer I can give my clients. Why is this the case? Waxing is a process and the more often and regular you are with your waxing appointments the better the results. What we want to see is the hairs all been waxing at the same stage of hair growth. There are three different stages of hair growth and so getting all hairs to the same stage can take a bit of time. It is worth it and the results for my regular clients is quiet evident.
So how do you ensure you get good results for your waxing treatment? Before you come for a waxing appointment be sure you have exfoliated the skin the night before and apply moisturiser to the area. This will help to get rid of any dead skin cells on the surface of the skin and the moisturiser will help the hair come through the hair follicles a lot easier as there is no barrier in the way.
I recommend the Lycon Oil Free Sugar Scrub. As this scrub is oil free it is not going to clog your pores and will prevent ingrown hairs from appearing. This is a very important step that is all too often overlooked by waxing clients.
After waxing it is important that you follow the do’s and dont’s.
- Don’t apply any products to the area for at least 24hr’s to avoid reaction.
- Don’t use leisure facilities i.e sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, pool.
- Don’t exercise straight after as pores are still open and may get clogged.
- Don’t wear tight clothing as this can cause friction on the area and lead to ingrown hairs.
- Don’t shave between appointments, this can slow the waxing process and make hairs tougher and coarser making the waxing more uncomfortable for you.
- Do exfoliate and moisturise the day before your waxing appointment and regularly between appointments.
- Do keep your waxing appointments regular every 4-6week.