Did you know that the skin care you use during the summer months isn’t always right for our skin care routine for the winter months. It makes sense if you really think about it. During colder weather we tend to have more heat on our skin and more drier air from air conditioning etc. This can lead to a more dehydrated skin and even sometimes drier.
What are the best options?
So I think there are a few ways to combat these issues, but in this blog I am going to focus on feeding the skin from within. I do highly recommend that if you feel like your skin is suffering a little and are just not sure what the best thing to do is, then book in for one of our Skin Consultations. At this appointment you can have a good chat with your therapist and decide what is best going forward. It could be a case of layering product or it could be adding in that extra serum or a simple supplement to nourish the skin from the inside out.
Supplements I recommend for the winter:
Skin Omegas: The Skin Omega’s from Advanced Nutrition are a must have for everyone all year round but if you are not currently taking Omega’s and are finding your skin is on the drier side then they are definitely worth the investment.
- Containing Omega 3, Omega 6 and Vitamin A. These fish oils are taken from sustainable sources and are packaged and manufactured to the highest standard so you can be sure that it is as high a quality fish oil as you can get.
- This is in fact very important as the quality and standard of all supplements is very important as this may affect absorption of the supplement by your own body and you need to be sure what you are taking internally is safe and effective.
- Omega 3 on it’s own may actually make skin a little bit drier so for anyone with acne or dry acne be sure you are taking Omega 3 and Omega 6. Evening primrose oil which is where we get our Omega 6 is very good for helping hormonal breakouts as it can help to balance hormones.
- Considered a drink of water for your skin helping to plump the skin.
- Caution is advised to people on anti coagulation medications or people with fish allergies.
Vitamin C: A good dose of Vitamin C can work wonders on your skin.
- Vitamin C is a natural SPF and a great way to naturally boost your SPF that you are applying topically. Please don’t think you can just use Vitamin C as your sun protection! Always apply a topical SPF to your skin as part of morning routine.
- Vitamin C can help to strengthen capillary walls offering lots of protection to the skin for winter months.
- Collagen is stimulated with Vitamin C, making it a beautiful anti ageing ingredient for every one all year round.
- Excellent at helping with pigmentation, helping to improve skin tone, making way for a more youthful complexion.
Skin Moisture Lock: A unique product from Advanced Nutrition that combines hyaluronic acid with ceramides.
- Hyaluronic works from the inside-out to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Hyaluronic also helps to plumps the skin while the ceramides waterproof the skin and help support the skin’s natural barrier.
- Unfortunately as we age our hyaluronic in our bodies naturally starts to decrease so it is important to add more back in so that our skin can stay hydrated and plump.
- This product is fantastic for sensitivity on the skin, great for people who may experience a retinod response during winter months.
- Combine Skin moisture lock with Skin Omega’s to strengthen cell membranes and for amazing results.
So to summarise, it is important during winter to keep the skin extra hydrated. Remember what we use on our skin in the summer months isn’t always enough for the skin come winter. You wouldn’t leave the house without your winter coat on so be sure to take that into consideration when it comes to skin care.
For more information on any of our products, just call us on (067) 64876 or browse our store online.